Friday, April 4, 2008

Still Baking

For those of you who are also fans of Me? A Mom? I thought I'd give you an update on Cara and Baby Backstitch. (And for those of you who are not fans, you should be - she's awesome.)

Cara went in yesterday morning for another PUBS (don't ask me what that stands for, it is not about drinking in the British Isles) which means that BB had another blood transfusion. It took longer than usual (3 hours versus approximately thirty minutes) and it was a bit more complicated. I know Cara did her part, as she was wearing her lucky underwear. They decided to keep her overnight for observation as there was some indication that the transfusion might be leaking out of BB, meaning they would have to repeat the process. As of right now, it looks like she might be going home this afternoon to continue to grow her baby using a specific combination of Lil' Debbies and Ding Dongs. Which is working so far - BB is already 2lbs 10 oz!

I'm sure there are a lot of medical details I am leaving out, but I was just so relieved when I answered the phone to hear Cara say, "I'm still pregnant." I've been thinking of her a lot in the past 24 hours or so, and I was starting to get worried when I didn't get her usual "Transfusion went well...baby fine" text message. Please join me in praying, wishing, vibe sending, and/or fairy dusting Cara and her womb, as well as her daughter (and Eliot's sweet playmate) Lila and her daddy. They need whatever you can give to get that little baby to stay put in the Toxic Womb!

1 comments:

Meghan said...

Thanks for posting. I was awaiting an update on her blog. Hang in there a little longer Baby Backstich!