Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkin Pickin'!


Even though Eliot is only one day shy of eight months, I really wanted to take him to a pumpkin patch. Some of my own best childhood memories are of my whole family, grandparents and aunts, uncles, and cousins included, heading out to Rombach's in Chesterfield for a day of pumpkin picking fun. We'd spend the day in the patch, the maize maze, and in the hay bale fort.

Our own visit was not that activity-packed, but we did get to ride a tractor-pulled wagon out to the actual pumpkin patch at Eckert's in Belleville. (Quick note - there's a pumpkin patch - the place where the pumpkins actually grow, and then there's a pumpkin stand, a place where the pumpkins have been transported and arranged on hay bales for sale. The latter is not an acceptable alternative.) The trip was mostly for my own nostalgic purposes, and in order to get a picture like the one above for E's baby book.

6 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

I'm missing the connection between being 8 months old and visiting the pumpkin patch. Is that an unspoken rule? One must be 8 months old to enter! LOL. What a cutie. Lila sends eye scratches, er, kisses.

Anonymous said...

We were at Belleville today too! Sorry we missed you, it woulda been super cute to get the buddies in a pumpkin photo together! we'll have to modify on the porch. talk soon!

Heather said...

As for the 8 months - I was trying to point out that he's just a tiny baby and will probably not remember this and so is there really a point? other than my selfish desire to do kid-friendly things and to document them with photos and bloginess? I'm just hoping that he is happy when he's older and looks in his baby book at the photos.

Me? A Mom? said...

Ah, okay. I'm sleep deprived. Forgive me.

Our trip to the pumpkin patch was literally a photo op and then we left. At least you rode a tractor!

Astrid Rose said...

hahahahaha. Great pic. I think we're going to the mall today for some photo ops. Hm. I guess that's not the same as a pumpkin patch.

Martin and Carolyn said...

Hey Heather- thought I'd finally delurk and say hello and thanks for all the great posts! When we last saw you at Shannon's baby shower (yay baby Adam!) our baby Isobel was still only 6 weeks. She just turned three months last week and though she's not ready for pumpkin picking yet we both love reading about Eliot's adventures...it's our little preview of things to come! Here's a link to our (not-too-frequently-updated) blog:
http://theshmoopies.blogspot.com/