Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Latest Obsession

Eliot is currently completely obsessed with all things bubble-related. He even has a song:

"Bubbles, bubbles
Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles,
Bubbles, bubbles
bubbles!"

There's a guitar accompaniment, but that would be too difficult to write out in words. There's no actual 'tune' per say, but it definitely qualifies in the song, not poem, category.

Usually this bubble mania is reserved for the tub or for when I blow (and he eats) bubbles on the front porch while we wait for Justin to come home from work. But after a particularly long post-nap crab session, I realized I needed to get creative, and thus, the Bubble Tray was born. I'm pretty sure that I did not invent this, but I have no qualms about letting Eliot believe that I did. As the title of yesterday's library story time book implied, Mommy is Magic!

Shirtless-ness is a requirement.

Sing it! "Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!"

And the requisite arty turtle close-up.