Wednesday, August 29, 2007

P.S. - I love you.

As you know, I have been nannying part time for two little cutie pies, Parris (5) and Bronte (3). This August has been roastingly hot, approximately 1000 degrees daily, so we have been spending pretty much all of our time indoors. This may sound like the least fun ever, but you don't know Parris and Bronte. These two have endless amounts of creative energy, and are constantly coming up with new things to play and make. Their games include "Lion King" (Parris is Simba and Bronte is Nola), "Cats, cats, cats" (which includes lining up all the cat dolls they have, and the resulting adventures) and "Princesses" which is pretty self explanatory. They also enjoy singing along to various soundtracks, occasionally switching up the lyrics to include the words "butt" and "poop". We currently have a poop and butt ban going, but they sneak it in whenever possible. Additionally, the house has an area jam packed with everything one would need to start up a small art supply store. Needless to say, I haven't heard the dreaded "I'm bored" very often.

Mostly, we draw. And paint. And color. And sculpt. And repeat.


The gang's all here! (l-r) Parris, E, Bronte (holding Twinkle and Pip)


Still life with monkey.


Parris is 100% crazy for cats. She's also a very talented cat artist.

And they are helpers. They are still really into Eliot, which is awesome for everyone involved. They instantly start singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" whenever he cries, because they know it is his favorite and usually calms him down. They are both all about helping me with him in other ways too, especially when it comes to doling out toys and administering diaper changes. Bronte gets out the changing pad and asks for Parris' help in rolling it out. Then they both gather round to watch, with one of them saying (usually Bronte) "Let's see his noodle butt!" and then, if there's poop, they both want to have a look, which usually goes something like, "EWWWWW!!! " and then, "Let's see it again!" I'm not really sure what the fascination is, at least for anyone that isn't his mother, since, as you know, I am also obsessed with Eliot's poop.

One of Parris's moms, Mia, has commented that her eldest daughter seems to have really tapped into her nurturing side since we came along. She's even more helpful and big sisterly (in a good way, not in the bossy way that my sisters are all too familiar with) with Bronte. Apparently she wasn't a big baby fan until Eliot came along. Now she asks every day to hold him in her lap, and she can make him laugh in a way that no one else can. They seem to have some sort of undefinable kid bond. It's really so amazing to watch and I really love that Eliot is having this experience with these girls.


You can't see it, but he's cracking up.

One Friday, after we left their house for the 4 minute (literally) drive home, my phone rang. I answered, and I had one of the sweetest conversations of my life. Please note: this transcript is somewhat phonetic for maximum cuteness.

Parris: Heavah? It's Pawis.
Me: Hi Parris, what's up?
P: Um, I love you.
M: Oh, Parris, I love you too.
P: And tell Ewiot that I love him too.
M: You know Eliot loves you, right?
P: Yeah, I know. Okay - bye.

If I hadn't been driving, I think I might have had to have a good old fashioned tears of joy cry fest. Ah kids.

2 comments:

Astrid Rose said...

The sweetness of that brought tears to my eyes. Lucky Eliot to have such sweet, loving, smart girlfriends!

Me? A Mom? said...

I don't know what's cuter, the phone call or that she calls you Heavah. I think Parris and Eliot must have a curl connection.