Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh, by the way, I can do this now.


Eliot can sit up. It all went down in an approximately 24 hour period. Thursday, he was 'sitting up' for about 4.2 seconds and then flop! down he went. Then, around the same time the next day, he was sitting up indefinitely. Okay, well, maybe more like in 5 and 7 minute intervals. He was even catching himself. The best part about it was that I got to witness this feat. This is why I didn't go back to work. This is why we have chosen near-poverty. This is what it is all about.

I was a little disappointed that it happened so fast, as I was kind of looking forward to watching him try it out and get the little wiggles while attempting to maintain an upright position (other moms, you most likely know what I am talking about). But no, Mr. Impatient had to figure it out right away. Now if only he would figure out this sleeping through the night thing I've been hearing so much about.

5 comments:

Astrid Rose said...

As we have suspected, your child is not only blessed with extreme beauty, he's also a genius.

Danielle said...

Ava followed the same procedure for sitting up. We have advanced children in this family. It looks like your little man is growing up!

Me? A Mom? said...

I have yet to find a baby that wobbled the way Lila did. I think she's just extremely uncoordinated (like her parents).

I knew he'd be fast at learning to sit. I mean, he's been "using his legs" for FOREVER. :)

Me? A Mom? said...

btw, is that Fraggle Rock on the TV? Sweet!

Heather said...

That is "Between the Lions" on in the background. It has two of the most annoyingly catchy and therefore always in my head songs on earth. Read between the lions.