Monday, September 29, 2008

A Survey

Let me preface the following by informing you all that:

  • Justin is in Canada on a press check until Wednesday
  • Eliot has had the shits for four days and a fever for one. Nice timing kid, wait until Daddy is out of the country to take it up a notch.
  • I haven't had a shower today. I really really really need one.
  • I brushed my teeth for the first time at 3pm - and only because we were going to the pediatrician.
  • I have a mound of work to do and no time or babysitter to do it with (due to the aforementioned fever)
  • I literally ate Eliot's leftovers for dinner last night and tonight.
  • I feel like I must post something every weekday if possible.
  • I really like Elizabeth, and that is the only reason I'm consenting to doing this:
  1. What time did you get up this morning? Which time? The first time at 2 am-ish until 3 am-ish or the last time at 6:23?
  2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. But really I think I'd like an new flat screen, or a king size bed, definitely a diamond-encrusted king size bed.
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? This is obviously a question for people without children. I honestly do not remember.
  4. What is your favourite TV show? This is a hard one, because I have a very serious and painful television addiction, but I am going to say The Office, just because I try to never miss it. And yes, Elizabeth, it is why I won't go to Thursday night TURBO Kickboxing.
  5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal with soy milk and a touch of maple syrup, or toast with cream cheese.
  6. What is your middle name? Marie.
  7. What food do you dislike? I am kind of flexible when it comes to food. I thought I really hated cauliflower until I had some prepared properly. Oh, I really don't like beets, especially the picked variety.
  8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I'm thinking....Vampire Weekend? I know I am like a year behind on that, but I'm old now and I find out about these things way after they've blown up and out.
  9. What kind of car do you drive? 1993 Volvo Station Wagon. My dream car. If you know of an amazing Volvo mechanic in St. Louis, please leave their info in the comments. My baby is in need of an experienced mechanic who knows what he/she's doing.
  10. Favourite sandwich? Anything containing the following: avocado, cheese, mayonnaise, good lettuce (not iceberg). You could pretty much put anything else on that and I'd be all over it.
  11. What characteristic do you despise? Fakery. Is that a word? I don't like it when people try and use their coolness to show how cool they are. Or how smart and hip they are. Just be yourself, man.
  12. Favourite item of clothing? I pretty much hate all my clothes right now. But I'm also about to get my period, so check back with me after that whole ordeal is over and I'll probably have a better answer.
  13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I can't pick one place. I would love to go to see someplace on every continent. Except maybe Antartica, I'm not much for winter.
  14. Favourite brand of clothing? I like cheap and cute and fits me. Is that a brand?
  15. Where would you retire to? Somewhere on a beach. Can I retire now? I would go there now. Seriously. Now?
  16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Aren't they all memorable? Justin threw me a surprise party and I seriously didn't have a clue until we were walking up to our friends' house and I saw my grandparent's van (dead giveaway - grandparents and friends; not usually hanging out on a Saturday night). That was for my 30th. He also gave me a lovely and unexpected pair of diamond earrings. Which were perfect.
  17. Favourite sport to watch? Is marathon episode-watching of The Office a sport?
  18. When is your birthday? May
  19. Are you a morning person or a night person? I was a night person. Now I'm more of a late-morning/afternoon person.
  20. What is your shoe size? 10. Yes, they are enormous. They were big, and then I got pregnant, and they got even bigger. None of my old shoes fit. It's depressing.
  21. Pets? One imaginary turtle named Pe-Na. It's Eliot's, obviously.
  22. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us? Justin was selected by a visiting critic through the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis for a studio visit. Kind of a big deal. I'm pretty mother freakin' proud of him.
  23. What did you want to be when you were little? Astronaut, writer, actress. I gave up on the astronaut thing when I found out how much math was involved. I really just wanted to be the first 'kid in space'.
  24. How are you today? Wrecked. Sick kid + no sleep + mound of work = illegal blood chocolate content.
  25. What is your favourite candy(lollie/chocolate)? Lindt Dark Lindor Truffles, slightly chilled, cause I'm fancy.
  26. What is your favourite flower? Alive ones? Ones that you brought me?
  27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? I'm looking forward to a few: possibly finally going to Canada, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Although, I usually try and look forward to days like Wednesday, Sunday, etc. to keep it manageable.
  28. What is your full name? Heather Marie Rutherford Visnesky. 2 middle names. And my social security number is....
  29. What are you listening to right now? The monitor fuzz. Eliot is finally asleep!
  30. What was the last thing you ate? Kraft mac n' cheese (whole grain, for extra nutrition). The last bite I took was from the pot. Because it tastes better that way.
  31. Do you wish on stars? No. I'm not a Disney Princess, so, it doesn't really work for me.
  32. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Blue. I should be black, since that is all I wear. But I'm really blue on the inside.
  33. How is the weather right now? Delicious. Perfect sleeping weather for those who are allowed to sleep.
  34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? Justin, from Manitoba, to tell him about the baby butter's fever.
  35. Favourite soft drink? Cream soda.
  36. Favourite restaurant? What are those? I think I may have seen them on TV. And people eat at them? Like at night, when it's dark? If I went to one, it would have to be an Indian place. I pretty much love any restuarant that serves Indian food.
  37. Real hair colour? Sadly, I think it might be white. Or salt n' peppa.
  38. What was your favourite toy as a child? This is embarrasing. There were two. A Princess Diana doll in a navy satin gown, and a homemade Miss Piggy doll. Both were presents from my grandmother for Christmas. I loved those girls.
  39. Summer or winter? Neither. Unless it's winter in California. Then I pick winter.
  40. Hugs or kisses? Hugs from all ya'll but kisses from the Daddy Butter. And no, I do not call him that to his face.
  41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Always. Do not ever question it.
  42. Coffee or tea? Coffee, specifically, a skim decaf mocha. Thanks, I'll have two.
  43. When was the last time you cried? The other night when Eliot slipped in the draining bath tub and bumped his cheek so hard he had an instant purple bruise. I was RIGHT THERE. I couldn't stop it and it was awful.
  44. What is under your bed? I think Justin's bass guitar. Possibly a mat cutter. Definitely dirt.
  45. What did you do last night? Watched a terrible lady movie that's name I will not shame myself by revealing. Went to bed early and slept like complete and absolute shit. Thanks for asking.
  46. What are you afraid of? Anything having to do with something or someone awful happening to Eliot.
  47. Salty or sweet? Can I have both? Chocolate covered pretzels anyone?
  48. How many keys on your key ring? 4
  49. How many years at your current job? Which one? I guess 1.5 on all counts.
  50. Favourite day of the week? Saturday. Or Vacationday.
  51. How many places have you lived in? Too many to count. Especially if this means actual dwellings. Here's places: Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Madrid. Even though Madrid was only 2 months, I rented an apartment so I count it as living there. Plus I was alive while there.
  52. Do you make friends easily? Absolutely.
Well, now that I wasted all that time, it could be your turn. If you care to, do the same in the comments. If you don't care to, I don't blame you, that is a long-ass list of questions.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Frick said...

First of all, I am totally honored that you "really like" me and have agreed to be tagged. What a gal!
Secondly, PLEASE call me if you need help! I don't want whatever's cookin' in that house of yours, but ew.
Now for the list:
2. Yay on the king bed. I think that's what we're getting each other for xmas.
4. I forgive you for skipping kickboxing for The Office. :)
6. omg - we have the same middle name. Are we sisters???
21. umm... why didn't I meet Pe-Na?
22. go, daddy butter!!!
30. yes, the mac-n-cheez is ALWAYS better from the pot. we eat about half the pot standing over the stove.
32. awww... why are you blue?
38. i totally had a miss piggy doll! and an ET doll!!! dude!
45. I MUST know this "terrible lady movie". Is it a terrible lady? or a terrible movie?

I hope your night is waaaay better! And what did the doc say? (You can email me instead of posting it if you want)

Anonymous said...

yummmm,chocolate covered pretzels.

sorry life had been ruff on you lately. would it make you feel better if i told you i slipped in a pile of dog shit and broke my ankle today? well, i didn't really. just wondered if it would help.

if you need a break, and your kid is only slightly contagious, call me.
i feel your pain.

Heather said...

I think I failed to mention that Pe-Na is actually invisible. Yeah. He/She lives in a little tupperware container on the side of the bathtub. Sometimes in Justin's hand. I guess it's a her because she's named after Parris (Pe) and Justin's mom (Na, or Na-Na-Hey-Hey).

And I'm not really blue on the inside. I did listen to A LOT of Morrissey as a teenager. So that could possibly explain such a comment.

And it would not make me feel better if you, my pregnant friend JJ, fell in some dog dookie and injured your unborn baby's mama's ankle. Not at all because you'd probably be hitting me up for ALL KINDS of favors. ;)

Lauren Snyder said...

You more often than not get to brush your teeth before three in the afternoon?? JEALOUSY!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yeah, amen to the toothbrushing comment! I'm down to once a day - 10pm, before bed. It's gross. And this coming from someone who has two gold teeth and one root canal, and more than 30 cavities under her belt. It ain't pretty.

Me? A Mom? said...

Your answers make me giggle. All 52 freaking one of them. Damn that was a long survey. Thank you god for not tagging me. My catholic guilt always kicks in and I'd be up for hours trying to respond.

Haven said...

Thanks for the nice post......